Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Happy Birthday, Miller!

Miller turned 5 today! I can't believe he is growing up so fast! For a long time he promised me that he would stay little forever, but I don't think that will happen.
Miller wanted a Star Wars birthday this year. He loves the Clone Wars cartoon and specifically wanted an R2-D2 cake with several characters on the cake. And since Miller is the resident prince at our house, he got exactly what he asked for.

I made Miller wait all day long to open his presents (I know, so mean). We spent the day together making his cake and talking about all the memories we have made together. I was glad that I hadn't given him any presents in the morning, because he would have spent the entire day playing with them and I wouldn't have had all the great conversation and time spent with him on his special birthday.

I put trick candles on his cake, which were sparking all over the place like crazy. When he couldn't blow them out the first couple of tries, he tried to spit on the candles to get them to go out. Luckily, the spit missed the cake and we were still able to serve it! I did have cupcakes for anyone not daring enough to try the cake after the candles!

Miller wanted a bike for his birthday, so that's what he got. One that he can learn to ride without the training wheels. And one that dad won't run over this time, hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment